Temporal Employment Opportunities
The Higher Education Authority (HEA) is a statutory body established by the Higher Education Act No. 4 of 2013. The mandate of the Authority is to regulate and monitor standards in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in order to ensure quality services and contribute to the enhancement of human capital and accelerated national development.
HEA seeks to recruit suitably qualified Zambians on temporal basis for a period of six (6) months for the following position:
Programme Accreditation Officer.
Number of position(s): (2)
To undertake the accreditation and auditing of Learning Programmes in Higher Education Institutions in order to ensure that Learning Programmes meet set standards. The job holder will also undertake research on quality assurance of Learning Programmes in order to inform decision making.
- Undertake periodically, the development and implementation of policies and programmes in order to provide guidance in accreditation of Learning Programmes
- Process timely, the documentation for accreditation in order to facilitate accreditation for Learning Programmes
- Facilitate periodically, the monitoring and evaluation of Learning Programmes in order to ensure conformity to set standards.
- Undertake periodically, the state of higher education report on quality assurance of Learning Programmes.
- Prepare periodically, the state of higher education report on accreditation of learning Programmes, list of accredited Learning Programmes and other reports to facilitate decision making and inform the public.
- Undertake timely, preparation of individual work plan in order to monitor, evaluate performance.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with Five Credits or better including Mathematics, Science and English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology or a Social Science discipline earned from a recognised Higher Education Institution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Functional computer literacy.
- Excellent organizational skills with willingness to take initiative and be proactive
Interested candidates meeting the above qualifications and experience should send their applications in sealed envelopes clearly marking the position being applied for together with certified copies of academic, professional certificates, National Registration Card (NRC) and curriculum vitae with at least three (3) referees to the undersigned on or before 16th March, 2022:
Note: The Higher Education Authority does not request for payments for job openings and any such activities should be considered fraudulent and reported immediately.
The Director General
Higher Education Authority
Mukuba Pension House
Dedan Kimathi Road
P.O. Box 50795
+260 211 227 084
HEA is an equal opportunity employer.